Deciding on a venue is one of the most important parts of the wedding planning process. The venue sets the tone for your entire wedding, influencing everything from your decorations to your attire. As you evaluate GTA wedding venues, follow the tips in this guide to find the perfect place:
1. Figure out how many guests you are inviting. You can’t choose a venue until you know how many people will be attending your wedding. Ideally, you should begin the planning process by coming up with a complete guest list. Even if you aren’t quite ready to finalize your guest list, however, you should still come up with an accurate estimate of the total number of attendees that you anticipate.
2. Determine how much money you have to spend. Renting a venue for a wedding is surprisingly expensive. If you choose a full-service venue, you not only have to pay for the space but also for services like catering and decorations. Based on your total budget, determine how much money you have available for your venue after you cover all of your other expenses. Try to leave yourself a little bit of wiggle room so that you don’t stretch your budget too thin. Unexpected expenses almost always come up during the wedding planning process. It is important to have enough money on hand to cover those expenses.
3. Decide if you want an indoor or outdoor wedding. Indoor weddings are a good choice for the winter months – particularly in the Greater Toronto Area where winter weather can be quite severe. During the spring, summer, and fall, however, outdoor weddings are a beautiful choice. Think about the overall atmosphere that you want for your wedding, as well. Indoor weddings tend to be more formal while outdoor weddings usually have a more relaxed, casual vibe.
4. Consider going with a venue that offers all-in-one solutions. To simplify the wedding planning process, you may want to think about choosing a venue that provides all of the services that you need in a complete wedding package. For instance, Casa Loma (http://casaloma.ca), a beautiful castle located in Toronto, offers meals, bar service, wedding cake design, floral design, decorations, AV equipment, lighting solutions, and more. Going with a package like this is a great way to keep the planning process as simple and straightforward as possible.
5. Plan as far in advance as you can. Imagine how disappointing it would be to find the perfect venue for your wedding only to discover that they didn’t have an opening on your wedding day. The best way to avoid this problem is by making your reservation as early as possible. The minute that you set a date for your wedding, you should start searching for a venue. The more quickly you act, the better chance you have off booking your preferred place.
No matter what style of ceremony or reception you want, there are a lot of excellent GTA wedding venues to choose from. These tips should simplify the process of finding the ideal location for your dream wedding.